- New Orleans
- Nov 1 - 3, 2013
- The Big Easy, The Crescent City, The Birthplace of Jazz and since 1999, the home of the Voodoo Music + Arts Experience. The good times roll year-round in New Orleans, a city beloved not only for its charm and soul, but also one known as among the most important and influential cities in the American musical landscape. The Voodoo Music + Arts Experience invites you to join us to Worship the Music and create your own New Orleans stories and memories in a place brewing with adventures of all kinds. Plan your own Voodoo Experience in New Orleans, where for more than three centuries, it has been celebrated for the rich mix of cultures that set it apart from any other U.S. city.
- Come to taste our world class food, to visit the historic French Quarter, legendary music venues and picturesque streets showcasing architecturally unique homes and buildings. While at Voodoo’s home in City Park, amidst 100-year old mature oak trees, bayous and lagoons, you can check out the New Orleans Museum of Art and sculpture garden. The possibilities are endless here, so explore more about our New Orleans home below and make plans to join us this November for the Voodoo Music + Arts Experience!
- The Hyatt Regency New Orleans is the official host Hotel of Voodoo. To take advantage of Voodoo’s Early Bird Special – book by August 31, 2013 and be entered into a drawing for an upgrade to the best available suite for the weekend. For a limited time you can book at the Hyatt and take advantage of these additional amenities:
- Complimentary basic Internet in your guestroom throughout your stay
- (1) 2 for 1 breakfast coupon valid in 8 Block Kitchen and Bar for the All American Breakfast Buffet
- Coupon for a commemorative 2013 Voodoo Music + Arts Experience glass to be redeemed at Vitascope Hall and includes one complimentary Voodoo specialty cocktail
- For more hotel options, we have numerous partner hotels with special reduced rates for the
Voodoo tribe. Just click here to find the best price, location and property to suite your taste.
- American Airlines and Delta Airlines are offering a 5% discount on flights to New Orleans for the Voodoo tribe.
- American Airlines
Click here and enter Voodoo promo code 44H3AB
in the promo code box at the bottom of the page.
- Delta Airlines
Click here and enter Voodoo promo code NMFBJ in the Meeting Event Code box.
Discount fares are available for flights between October 28 and November 7.
- Avis is offering a discounted rate for the Voodoo tribe. If you wish to reserve a car, please contact Todd Alexander at 1-800-525-7537, ext. 35003 or the meetings and convention department at 1-800-525-7537. They will quote you the best Voodoo rate possible.
- We encourage you to ride your bike. You will cut down on traffic, help the environment and decrease our impact on the surrounding neighborhoods. New Orleans is a bike-friendly city, with designated bike lanes on many roads. We’ll have ample bike racks at the front gate for daily bike lock-up.
- The New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (RTA) provides bus and streetcar service from locations in Uptown, Downtown, French Quarter, Central Business District, Lakeview, Mid City and throughout the New Orleans area. Here are a few things to remember:
- Fares are just $1.25 each way
- You must have exact change
- Kids under 2 ride free
- Jazz Pass provides for unlimited rides for just $3 per day
- The street car schedule is loose, so leave yourself plenty of time to travel to Voodoo
- Airport to hotel cab rides cost $33.00 for one or two passengers. There will be a $14 charge for each additional passenger and there may be additional charges for extra baggage. A ride from most hotels to City Park runs around $20.
- Call to make reservations:
- United Cabs Co: 504-522-9771
- Checker-Yellow: 504-943-2411
- New Breed Cab Co: 504-822-4505
- White Fleet Cab Co: 504-822-3800
- Coleman Cab Co: 504-586-0222
- Yellow-Checker Cabs: 504-525-3311
- Loa and weekend campers can purchase parking inside City Park. Loa campers receive a parking spot as part of their package, all other parking is street parking. Be aware of posted signs that may prohibit you from parking in a particular spot. The New Orleans Police Department will ticket and tow for the following offenses:
- Blocking driveways
- Parking in a manner that impedes traffic
- Parking facing the wrong way
- Parking on the Bayou
- Parking on the Neutral Ground (the median)
- In addition, City Park is surrounded by neighborhoods and we ask that the Voodoo Tribe show respect for the local residents and their properties. Please be courteous when it comes to trash and noise.
- Once you park and start walking towards City Park keep an eye out for our friends on Pedicabs; New Orleans Bike Taxi Unlimited and Need A Ride Nola. Both are eco-friendly bike taxi services that will pedal you directly to the front gates of Voodoo.
- Each night after the show there will be cabs waiting at the Voodoo Cab Stand, not far from the Voodoo front gates. Cabs will line-up to take you home, to your hotel, to the Marigny or wherever else you may desire. The Cab Stand will be clearly marked on all official onsite Voodoo maps.